One day, MrFaiz kata “teringin nak makan cheese cake lah”.
Kebetulan ada kawan kite baru lepas buat cheese cake. Dia ajar kite pulak untuk buat New York Cheese Cake tu. It was the easiest cheese cake I’ve ever made. Tak perlu guna mixer cuma kacau guna spoon je.
Cheese cake nye sungguh2 soft and creamy, it’s just melting in your mouth bila makan
This is not the healthiest cake by any means, but I take it as a treat for having it once in a while
Kite buat juga strawberry sauce makan dengan cake ni. Cuma masak strawberry dengan sedikit air dan gula untuk buat saucenye.
Proses bakar kek ni ambil masa agak lama sebab guna api perlahan untuk elakkan burning. Lebih kurang 2 jam baru siap. Pastu, simpan dalam peti ais semalam baru sedap makan esok ye.
Kalau tak sabar macam kitorang, siap malam tu terus ngap. Almaklumle bulan puasa. hehe… tp rasa nya tak se best bila makan the next day, so kena sabar sikit lah ye.
Thanks Aga for the great recipe. The cake immediately becomes everybody’s favourite now. I just can’t make it too often or Faiz will start complaining for loosing his favourite numbers on the weighing machine
Kek ni memang sedap, cuma bahan2 nya agak heavy daripada biasa.
New York Cheese Cake Recipe
- for cake base: 120 g ground digestive biscuits + 40 g ground almond + 80 g melted butter
- cake ingredients
- 4 x 200 g Natural Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 x 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 3 flat tbsp corn/potato flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 eggs
- 100ml heavy cream
- 350 g granulated sugar
- some vanilla sugar or seeds from vanilla pod
- Take all the ingredients for cake out of the fridge several hours before you start (important!)
- Line the cake tin with baking paper. Prepare the cake base by mixing the ground biscuits, ground almond and melted butter. Spread evenly in the baking tin and keep it in the fridge until further use. I normally keep it at least 30 min.
- Heat up the oven to 250 C.
- Mix all ingredients by spoon or wooden spoon. Don’t whip them, try not to incorporate the air.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Lift it for 5-10 cm and drop it on the table. Repeat 2-3 times (this is necessary to remove any trapped air in the cake mixture).
- You can also put around the tin wet newspaper or kitchen towel so that the sides won’t grow. I didn’t do this that’s why you could see uneven growing at the edges of my cake
- Put the cake in the oven for 10 min. After that, decrease the temperature to 93 C. Don’t open the door!
- Bake for 1 hour 40 min – 2 hour.
- Take the cake out and let it cool down for 10 min. Separate the cake edges with knife from the metal edges. let it cool down to room temperature before putting it to the fridge at least 5 hours
Tips blogresipi: Untuk mempelbagaikan rasa base cheese cake, selain dari biskut, boleh tambah tepung almond, nestum, serbuk kacang, serbuk macadamia. The possibility is endless.