It was yesterday that I fell in love for RC‘s beautiful One-Pot Chicken Rice.
I couldn’t help myself from buying one whole chicken to try for her recipe
So we went to town on Saturday, when the weather was exceptionally great.
Mikael is now 2 years and 2 months. How fast time flies.
It felt like yesterday that I cuddled him close around my arms, called him little baby
He is now gentleman enough to help me in the kitchen.
When he was not busy with his balls and cars and toys, I called and asked him to rub some soy sauce around the chicken. He was more than happy to help
Thanks very much to RC for sharing the recipe. We loved it!
One-Pot Chinese Chicken Rice Recipe
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock- I boiled the whole chicken with
6 slices ginger-approx
4 cloves garlic, halved-approx
1 long green chilli, sliced
1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice- 1 pot of rice
4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, halved- I used whole chicken
4 green onions (scallions), sliced
1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves-omit
soy sauce, to serve Method
- Place the stock, ginger, garlic and chilli in a deep frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and stir once to distribute evenly over the bottom of the pan. When the stock comes back to the boil, add the chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for
- 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the stock and the chicken is tender. (RC’s Note: I cooked till the rice is ready, then glazed the chicken with a mixture of dark +light soya sauce,honey, oyster sauce and a bit of orange marmalade, and popped it in the oven.-you’ll get a crispy skin with this!)
- Top the chicken and rice with the onion and coriander and serve with soy sauce.
* I followed RC’s way. It turned out great!