Allow me to share my thrill of excitement for this lovely green pistachio ice cream today. Pistachio ice cream has been my absolute favorite for years and years. My day would simply be perfect for a cup of this creamy and rich nutty flavor treat.
It’s not very popular here in Finland though. At least I couldn’t find any in Kuopio
I made this as a treat for myself and it turned out that MrFaiz loved it too. Mikael didn’t even bother to try, maybe the crushed nuts were too complex to his taste
As daddy was holding ice cream for the picture, little young man wanted to take part too. I placed the small bowl of the nuts in his palm and took several shots.
Owh sayang, look how happy you were
I know this is kind of cheating to make it from vanilla ice cream. But believe me, do use the best quality vanilla ice cream and you’ll find this awesome!
Green Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
- 250 ml best quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 50 grams pistachio nuts
- some green food coloring
- Grind pistachio nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix it well with softened vanilla ice cream and some green food coloring.
- Put it back in the bowl, cover with cling film and pop it back in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until serving time.
- Note: You may add more of the pistachio nuts if you like.