Salam Maulidur Rasul 1433 H buat semua.
It has been one week of bizarre temperature here, between -20 to -30 C in the daytime. It’s horribly freezing.
I wanted to comfort my two sweethearts with something good today. Something warm and hearty.
So, I spent my time cooking chicken, lemon, rosemary and roasted vegetables while watching Mikael arranging his 24 knobbed Moomin puzzles.
If you’re a big fan of roasted root vegetables, try out some shallots and garlic too. I always roast them with some salt, black pepper, honey and dashes of olive oil. It would be ready after 30-40 minutes at 200 C.
The chicken meat was so juicy and tender, could be easily served with vegetables, salad or rice. You could make additional sauce or the collected juice from the chicken can be good enough.
As I was using a small dish for roasting, I decided to truss the chicken using a string. At least my chicken wings were not flopping out unnecessarily during roasting. There are many available references of how to tie a chicken. I was referring to one from here.
Pretty easy actually
This recipe would also be good for other chicken parts, like drumsticks. I have tried it several times before.
Everybody was hungry when the timer eventually rang. Mikael ran fast from the couch and joined us at the table.
“Cecu” he reached his little fork when I poured some brown sauce into his plate
We ate and talked about many things during lunch.
It was more than just the food. It was the company and the love that brought everything close at heart.
Lomen Rosemary Buttered Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, about 1 kg
- some black pepper
- some salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Some rosemary leaves
- 1 bulb of garlic, cut at tips + several cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add in the crushed cloves and some rosemary leaves. Pop in the chicken and sear until it turns golden, about 4-5 minutes. Do the same on the other side of the chicken.
- Take the chicken out into a plate and stuff with several slices of lemon, the fried crushed garlic and rosemary leaves. Keep the remaining butter in the pan.
- Truss the chicken using a string and place the ready chicken in a roasting dish.
- Add the bulb of garlic (cut at tips), the remaining lemon slices and several more of rosemary leaves. Pour in the remaining butter from the pan all over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 45-60 minutes in the oven. You may need extra time if chicken size is bigger.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.