This morning I decided to bake something sweet for breakfast. Something fluffy and came in my favorite colors.
We started our regular Sunday morning with hot nescafe while watching Mikael jumping and hopping around the house.
‘Minun… pillow‘… he told everyone as he dragged Daddy’s blanket out of the bedroom. Hide and seek time, probably
It didn’t take me long to prepare those cupcakes. I made half of the batter, produced 7 cupcakes.
For frosting, I whipped whipping cream with some sugar and added several drops of food coloring. Blue and pink.
Mikael liked the frosting very much.
“Namm.. good… good cake” he licked his finger and nodded his head fast. Faiz and I burst into laughter.
Owh, Mikael sayang. What I always love about weekend, the moments are just priceless
This very simple vanilla cake is good with any type of frosting. You can make cake or cupcakes, according to your liking.
Simple White Cake Recipe
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.