We spent beautiful Saturday afternoon outside, having Greek food for lunch. It was really warm and nice weather recorded at -4 C. It’s very rare to have such temperature in the middle of Finland Winter especially during February
On Sunday, we were just at home baking cupcakes, and doing some indoor activities together.
For lunch, I made those ready-in-30 minutes meal which include: cooked spaghetti (8 minutes), roasted tomatoes (15 minutes), pan fried scallops (5 minutes) and creamed spinach (10 minutes).
The combo came with organic orange juice and handful of grated Parmesan
I cooked creamed spinach for the first time during our anniversary we had quite some time ago. This time, we liked it with scallop and spaghetti which seemed to work well too.
They were very easy to make yet satisfying every tummy in the house
Creamed Spinach Recipe
- about 300 grams clean fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons minced white onion
- 3 slices shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. Remove from the skillet and drain in a colander. Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir in the heavy cream. Sprinkle in the provolone cheese and stir to melt and coat the spinach. Once the provolone has melted, stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Pan Fried Scallops:
- Season scallop with salt and black pepper. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan. Under medium heat, fry the scallops until golden about 4-5 minutes.
- Place clean tomatoes and basil leaves in a baking dish. Sprinkle with black pepper, rose pepper and olive oil. Baked at 200 C for 15 minutes.