Nothing much happened last weekend. I was sick and everyone ended up staying at home watching movies
I managed to make those chicken balls with cornflakes for Mikael before I gave up my kitchen to Faiz for the rest of the weekend
To keep the little one cheerful, we sang, we read ABCs, 123 and played his favorite LEGOs and football.
We bought his first World Map several weeks ago, which finally came in beautiful colors and cartoon figures.
After some time, he could pointed out Malaysia on the map everytime I asked “Where is Maktok and Tokwe’s house?”
“Plane… tahan“… he showed Finland while his mouth roared for aircraft noises.
Nak balik Malaysia naik plane ya sayang
Many thanks to Kak LG for her brilliant chicken cornflakes recipe. I often baked chicken drumstick or wings, and everybody liked it very much!
This time, with some modification I used chicken breast and shaped them into small balls
Chicken Cornflakes Balls Recipe
- 2 chicken breast, ground
- 1-2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
- salt to taste
- some of black pepper
- some white pepper
- 2 cups cornflakes, ground
- Place everything (except the cornflakes) in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Scoop about 1 tsp size of the chicken mixture and make a ball with your hand. Drop it in the a bowl with ground cornflakes. Coat well.
- Repeat for the rest of the chicken mixture.
- Arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Baked at 200 C for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup or chilli sauce.