It’s raining and snowing pretty much since last week, turning everything into a muddy and dirty spring in Kuopio. There has never been really Spring here anyway, at least since the last 4 years
I am so much waiting for summer to come, and flowers to blossom. Less rain and no more snow too, of course
“I’m gonna make something special for our lunch tomorrow“… I remember saying this to MrFaiz on Friday evening. I was inspired by Jamie Oliver after watching his 30 minutes show that day. He cooked Morrocon dish and the main player was roasted rack of lamb and couscous. Looked really tempting
As for me, I wanted to have lamb kebab, couscous, and some side dishes as he suggested.
I marinated the lamb overnight, to have a better taste when grilling. And this time, I generously added some chilli flakes to make it more spicy. Of course there was a separate portion of non-spicy kebab for the little young man
The main actors were couscous with mint, lemon and chillies, and spicy lamb kebab. We also had roasted jalapeno with cheddar cheese, hummus with jalapeno (ready made) and yogurt sauce as the side dishes.
It has been several months that we are getting very much interested with sunglasses. Especially when the spring and summer are approaching. I have never imagined that facts about sunglasses could be this interesting, until I learned about them from MrFaiz.
Every time we were in city center, we stopped by any sunglasses shops to have a closer look on the new arrivals and also the collection that they had. Old collections of any brands can sometimes be adorable too
In the picture, MrFaiz was wearing sunglasses from Oakley, Frogskin VR46. Mikael on the other hand, was having fun with his Aviator
Roasted jalapeno with cheddar cheese.
I took this picture, on our way back home after picking up Mikael from school. One happy little child
Have a great week ahead guys!
Couscous with mint, lemon and chillies
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- lemon juice, from half lemon
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- black pepper
- good lugs of olive oil
- Put couscous and boiling water in a bowl and close the lid tight. Allow it to stand for about 5 minutes until the couscous is ready.
- Open the lid, add the rest of the ingredients and mic them well. Serve warm.
Roasted jalapeno with cheddar cheese
- jalapeno/paprika from bottle (pickled)
- cheddar cheese (or any good melting cheese)
- some olive oil
- some parsley (dried or fresh ones)
- Arrange jalapeno or paprika in a baking dish. Stuff the chillies with cheese and drizzle some olive oil over them.
- Baked in pre-heated 200 C oven for about 5-10 minutes, until all cheese are melted.
- Sprinkle some parsley over and serve hot.
Yogurt dipping sauce
- Plain yogurt (I prefer Bulgarian or Yurkish ones)
- some cucumber (finely chopped)
- black pepper
- just a tiny bit of lemon juice to introduce the taste
- Mix everything in a bowl and season well with salt and black pepper.
Lamb kebab recipe
- 450 grams lamb, cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon Turkish yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil/vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes (only if you like it spicy)
- Mix cubed lamb meat with all ingredients and marinate at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the meat by threading two or three strips (or a mixture of meat and some onions) onto the skewers. Brush with any remaining marinade and place on a griller, barbecue, griddle pan or under a grill. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the meat is just done (be careful not to overcook, or meat will be too dry).
Serve the skewers on your favorite dish: rice, spaghetti, couscous, salad, or bread, along with yogurt as the dipping sauce.